KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Chloe Clifton of Science & Arts (Okla.) has been named the NAIA National Softball Player of the Week and Morghan Dieringer of St. Francis (Ill.) has been named the NAIA National Softball Pitcher of the Week.. Clifton and Dieringer were selected based on their performances from March 19 – 25, and were chosen out of a pool of conference, independent and unaffiliated group winners.
Player of the Week
Chloe Clifton, Science & Arts (Okla.)
Sr., 1B, Wayne, Okla.
- During a 6-0 week for the Drovers, Clifton recorded a hit in all six games, including a trio of hits in two contests
- Weekly Stats
- Batted .500 (11-for-22) with five doubles, two home runs, 10 runs scored and 15 RBI.
- In a 13-6 win over Bacone (Okla.) on March 20, she went 3-for-5 with three runs scored, two doubles, one triple and four RBI.
- She extended her season hitting streak to 24 games.
- Ranks second in the NAIA in total RBI with 47, fifth in runs scored with 37 and eighth in doubles with 12.
Pitcher of the Week
Morghan Dieringer, St. Francis (Ill.)
Sr., P, New Lenox, Ill.
- Tossed two complete-game shutouts last week, allowing just eight hits. In her two starts, Dieringer allowed just one runner to third base
- Weekly Stats
- In 20.0 innings, she didn’t allow a run, surrendered 13 hits and posted 23 strikeouts.
- In four overall appearances (two starts), she tallied a 3-0 record with a save against Trinity International (Ill.) on March 23.
- She has started her conference season with 20-consecutive shutout innings.
- On the year, she is 10-2 with two saves.
— Courtesy of NAIA