Bundee Aki and Ultan Dillane are staying at the Sportsground.
- Katie Taylor is reportedly set to turn professional and could make her debut as soon as next month.
- Pro12 champions Connacht have received a double boost with the news that Bundee Aki and Ultan Dillane have signed contract extensions with the province.
- Double All-Ireland winner Conor O’Brien has announced his retirement from inter-county hurling with Tipperary at the age of 31.
- Six titles have made the shortlist for the Bord Gáis Energy Sports Book of the Year with entries from Paul O’Connell, John Kavanagh and Jason McAteer included.
- Munster back Keith Earls is in danger of missing Ireland’s upcoming Test match against New Zealand as he will face an independent disciplinary committee tomorrow following his red card against Glasgow on Saturday.
- Five players have been cut from Cork‘s hurling squad ahead of the 2017 campaign as manager Kieran Kingston has brought a number of younger players into the setup.
- Leinster coach Stuart Lancaster has insisted that Ireland out-half Johnny Sexton will definitely be fit for the 5 November Test match against New Zealand in Chicago.
- Ulster forward Iain Henderson has been ruled out of their Pro12 clash with Munster on Friday with a shoulder injury, putting his availability for the All Black clash in doubt.
A vendor prepares a stall prior to tonight’s EFL Cup match between Liverpool and Tottenham Hotspur at Anfield.
Source: Dave Thompson
- Brazil’s 1970 World Cup-winning captain Carlos Alberto has died of a heart attack, aged 72.
- Things have gone from bad to worse for Manchester United after it was revealed that central defender Eric Bailly will be out for up to two months with a knee injury.
- England winger Chris Ashton is set to switch from Saracens to Toulon at the end of the season in a move that could end his Test career.
- Two All Blacks have been included in an exciting NZ Maori squad that will face Munster on 11 November.
- Cody Garbrandt and Dominick Cruz will contest the world bantamweight title at UFC 207 in Las Vegas, it has been confirmed.
- Former Leinster boss Michael Cheika has named three uncapped players in his 32-man squad for their European tour, which includes a Test match against Ireland.
The Best Thing We Shared
Now that is how you enter a field. The Argentinian derby between Rosario Central and Newell’s Old Boys is a must for any true soccer hipster.
On The Record
Louis Theroux was on RTÉ there last week, did anyone see that? I think it was last Monday night, he was doing a show on brain injuries and my fiancée was in tears, she was saying, ‘that was you’.
Kilmacud Crokes and Dublin hurler Ryan O’Dwyer opens up about his difficult recovery from the injuries he sustained in a Birmingham assault 12 months ago.
Where we were today
Murray Kinsella was talking to Leinster and Ireland number eight Jamie Heaslip at the launch of Vodafone’s ‘Irish Rugby: What We Did Last Summer’ documentary on the South Africa tour.
Source: Dan Sheridan/INPHO
Sean Farrell caught up with Gordon D’Arcy and Luke Fitzgerald at Sky Sports’ launch of their upcoming coverage of Irish rugby.
Source: Dan Sheridan/INPHO
Fintan O’Toole was in Abbotstown for the launch of the Leinster senior club championships.
Paraic Sullivan (Rhode), James McGivney (St Columbas Mullinalaghta), Shay Ryan (Sarsfields), Conor Crawley (Sean O’Mahonys), Jody Dillon (Stradbally), Shane O’Neill (Palatine), Jason Kennedy (Baltinglass) and Phillip Wallace (Gusserane O’Rahilly).
Source: Morgan Treacy/INPHO
The Fixture List
- There are three fourth round fixtures in the EFL Cup tomorrow night, with Manchester United v Manchester City (8pm, Sky Sports 1) the headline act. Southampton host Sunderland and West Ham entertain Chelsea (both 7.45pm) in the other two ties.
- It’s a blockbuster of a semi-final in the Dublin SFC with Ballymun Kickhams and St Vincent’s doing battle in Parnell Park from 7.45pm.
- In Mayo, Conor Mortimer could be set for a shock return for Shrule-Glencorrib as they take on Lee Keegan’s Westport in the Intermediate SFC semi-final replay.
- There are also five games in the Scottish Premiership scheduled (all 7.45pm) — Ross County v Celtic (BT Sport 1), Dundee v Partick Thistle, Kilmarnock v Hearts, Motherwell v Inverness Caledonian Thistle and Rangers v St Johnstone.
Svetlana Kuznetsova’s hair was pissing her off during her WTA Finals match against Agnieszka Radwanska yesterday. So she decided to give herself an impromptu haircut in between games.
The42 is on Snapchat! Tap the button below on your phone to add!