LOUISVILLE, Ky. – The 2016 NFCA National Convention is just days away. Here are some important tips as you prepare for your trip to New Orleans to #GetJazzed
2016 NFCA CONVENTION WEBSITE
DOWNLOAD THE APP (Android | IPhone)
– Speaker bios, schedule, activities and exhibitors
– Hotel and exhibit hall maps
– Preloaded geo locations for the airport, hotel, offsite convention activities and city hot spots
– Personalize your schedule
– Read speaker outlines and committee agendas in advance
– Take notes, interact with other attendees and get easy access to the NFCA’s social media feeds
– USA Softball Olympian Reunion Game vs. Louisville Slugger Warriors at University of New Orleans on Saturday
– Diversity clinic prior to USA Softball game on Saturday
– Early morning workouts on Thursday and Friday
– Fireside chats after mentoring session on Thursday
– Get your professional headshot or dress up staff pic before the Hall of Fame Banquet on Friday
The New Orleans Marriott, host of our 2016 convention, is located in the French Quarter near the banks of the Mississippi River.
Amenities – State-of-the-art fitness center and outdoor pool are perfect for working off the calories and helping maintain your exercise routine on the road.
Dining/lounge options – 5Fifty5, 55 Fahrenheit, Starbucks and the M Club lounge are located in the hotel. You can also get a taste of authentic New Orleans cuisine as many restaurants are within walking distance.
TEXT UPDATES AND MOBILE WEBSITE
To receive text updates during the NFCA National Convention, text NFCA to 313131
Get social during the convention and have a chance to win fun prizes during our Twitter contest. Here’s a head start so you can put a game plan into action to win! You must use #GetJazzed to be eligible.
Wednesday: Find any rival school’s coach and take a photo with your game faces on
Thursday: Visit the exhibit hall and snap a picture with your favorite product or service
Friday: Photo with a NFCA Hall of Famer
Saturday: Tweet your favorite convention moment (favorite photo, favorite thing you learned, favorite quote, etc.)
Check in at the Preservation Booth on the 2nd Floor to receive your credential, tickets, welcome items and other pertinent convention information. Don’t forget to check out our NFCA store located in the Presentation Foyer as well!
Registration and store hours are as follows
Tuesday, Dec. 6 | Noon-4:00 p.m.
Wednesday, Dec. 7 | 7:00 a.m.-7:00 p.m.
Thursday, Dec. 8 | 7:00 a.m.-7:00 p.m.
Friday, Dec. 9 | 8:00 a.m.-Noon
Saturday, Dec. 10 | 8-10:00 a.m.
* In addition to picking up your credentials (for those who preregistered), members can also register on-site, renew their memberships and sign up for other convention related items
WHO’S COMING, WHAT’S ON TAP
Check out who is speaking and when they will be presenting. Also, take time to visit our exhibitor show being held Dec. 8-9. With 85 companies on tap, attendees have the opportunity to check out the newest softball training equipment, technology and apparel. While you’re in our exhibit hall, make sure to take part in the prize drawings (1:30-2:30 p.m.) on Dec. 8 and the silent auction (12-1:30 p.m.) and Sports Attack Raffle (12:15-1:15 p.m.) on Dec. 9, for your chance to come away with some tremendous prizes.
SPEAKER LINEUP | SCHEDULE | EXHIBITORS
WHAT TO DO
If you have some free time while in New Orleans here are some nearby attractions to check out: French Quarter,Café Du Monde (cash only), Jackson Square, National World War II Museum, Mercedes Benz Superdome, Aquarium of the Americas, Audubon Zoo, Garden District, Frenchmen Street Corridor and St. Louis Cemetery No. 1 & 2. Additionally, there are many tours, including those on the spooky side- ghost, voodoo and vampire- to learn about the rich history over New Orleans